Healthy sleeping habits
For better overall health, both physically and mentally we require good quality sleep. Lack of sleep can make any mental health difficulties more apparent and can also cause you to become physically unwell.
When we create a better bedtime routine we allow ourselves to get more rest, better sleep, and give our bodies the chance to repair and renew from the impact of stress and every day life.
Better sleep habits can improve our ability to manage stress, to create better relationships, productivity and our overall sense of wellbeing.
Here are some tips for a better night’s sleep:
- Organise yourself so that you have a set bedtime every day
- Create a restful sleeping area free of stimuli
- Avoid digital screens for at least an hour before bed [phone, TV, laptop]
- Put your phone on silent or airplane mode during the night
- Eat healthily
- Cut back on alcohol and smoking