Out of Hours Service: Bridgend
Our Out of Hours Service aims to help young people to reduce or stop substance use, to increase their understanding of the risks that surround it, and to offer support on a range of issues that may be affecting their lives.
Accessible outside school hours, and available at a number of locations, our Bridgend-based Out of Hours Service aims to help young people to reduce or stop substance use. The Service also promotes family engagement, and effective relationships, as part of the support that young people need to tackle substance misuse.
We aim to take this service to a variety of places to provide young people with one-to-one support, advice and information on substance misuse, sexual health, education, social and family issues, with further counselling offered where needed. This counselling is provided on-site, and also at our Bridgend office.
The Service also offers a flexible referral systems through Youth Workers at the venues, working with other agencies, and self referrals. Where a need is identified for further services and support is identified, we’ll give advice on how to take the next step.
Referrals can be made on the young persons behalf by the youth workers. Or the young person can speak directly to the OOH worker who will refer to the appropriate service e.g. the counselling service.
Where is this service delivered?
- Pencoed Youth Engagement Centre
- Felindre Road, Pencoed, Bridgend CF35 5PB
- The Court House, Maesteg
- 44 Station Street, Maesteg, CF35 9AL
- The Precinct, Wildmill
- The Precinct, Wildmill Estate, Bridgend, CF31 1SP
- Wyndham Boys and Girls Club
- 14-16 Dunraven Place, Ogmore Vale, Bridgend, CF32 7ET
- Bryncethin Memorial Hall (‘The Mem’)
- Bryncethin Memorial Hall, Bridgend, CF32 9TA
- Nantyfyllon Library
- Nantyfyllon library Bangor Terrace Maesteg CF34 0HU
- Coleg Cymunedol Y Dderwen
- Heol-Yr-Ysgol, Tondu, Bridgend CF32 9EL
- Noddfa Community Project
- Noddfa Chapel, Caerau Rd, Caerau, Maesteg CF34 0PB