Substance Use Awareness
This course aims to bring a broad understanding about substance use and the impact that it has on individuals. (This is a two-part course).
This is a two-part course, taking place on two separate days:
- Part one: 13th July 2022, 10am – 1pm
- Part two: 14th July 2022, 10am – 1pm
This course aims to give a broader understanding of substance use and the impact that it has on individuals and the wider community. We’ll look at various categories of substance and their methods of administration, incorporating harm reduction strategies where appropriate. During this course, stigma and stereotyping are addressed through open debate, to highlight the difficulties and discrimination faced by people who use drugs and alcohol.
- Describe different patterns of substance use
- Describe the most commonly used categories of substances
- Identify the main methods of substance use
- Discuss associated risks and strategies that can reduce harm
- Essential skills and service provision
This course is aimed at: Workers with little or no knowledge of substance use, who have either entered the sector for the first time or would like to update their knowledge.
How will online training work?
We’ll be delivering this online via the Zoom video conferencing platform. We’ve specially adapted the content to work better in this form. The course will run in two halves on two separate days, each 10am – 1pm.
Book via Eventbrite, and you’ll be sent instructions to join the Zoom call two days before the training starts. This will be sent to the e-mail address used when the booking was made.
- A computer or device with a good internet connection
- Microphone and webcam functions, if you want to get involved (you can also just listen)
- Something to hold up to indicate you want to speak – feel free to make it something light-hearted! (You can also use the software’s ‘Raise Hand’ feature’)
For smartphones or tablets, you’ll need the Zoom software to join. You can find this in your device’s relevant app store.
Bespoke Training: This course can be offered as a bespoke course and adapted to suit your organisational requirements, for more information please contact the Training and Qualifications Department by email or call 02920 529002.
NewLink Wales Training Team: All of our trainers are experienced practitioners who have worked directly with individuals who misuse substances. Our trainers are qualified assessors who maintain a high level of contact with the substance misuse sector.
Important information: fully-funded spaces
This course is free (fully-funded) to workers within Cardiff and the Vale. For workers outside Cardiff and the Vale, a £90 – £110 charge applies. Workers outside of Cardiff and Vale will need to contact us on 02920 529 002 or email email@example.com to make a booking.
Please ensure you have permission from your manager prior to booking.
- Tel: 029 2052 9002
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org