This course looks at issues surrounding prescribed medication, with an aim to raise awareness around the types of medication being misused. (This is a two-part course).
This course takes place over two days
- Part one: 24th November 2020, 10am – 1pm
- Part two: 25th November 2020, 10am – 1pm
This course looks at the issues surrounding prescribed medication, with an aim to raise awareness around the types of medication being misused. The course aims to give participants the knowledge to be able to provide appropriate interventions, and it highlights the risks and dangers associated with prescription medication.
Course aimed at:
Individuals who have direct contact with anyone who is taking prescription medication.
- Discussion around general misconception of prescribed medication
- Identifying key medications currently being misused.
- Identifying key risks associated with prescribed medication.
- Discuss appropriate harm reduction techniques and treatment options that can be used to promote best practice.
How will online training work?
We’ll be delivering this online via the Zoom video conferencing platform. We’ve specially adapted the content to work better in this form. The course will run in two halves on two separate days, each 10am – 1pm.
Book via Eventbrite, and you’ll be sent instructions to join the Zoom call half an hour before the training starts. This will be sent to the e-mail address used when the booking was made.
- A computer or device with a good internet connection
- Microphone and webcam functions, if you want to get involved (you can also just listen)
- Something to hold up to indicate you want to speak – feel free to make it something light-hearted! (You can also use the software’s ‘Raise Hand’ feature’)
For smartphones or tablets, you’ll need the Zoom software to join. You can find this in your device’s relevant app store.
Bespoke Training: This course can be offered as a bespoke course and adapted to suit your organisational requirements, for more information please contact the Training and Qualifications Department by email or call 02920 529002.
NewLink Wales Training Team: All of our trainers are experienced practitioners who have worked directly with individuals who misuse substances. Our trainers are qualified assessors who maintain a high level of contact with the substance misuse sector.
Important information: fully-funded spaces
This course is free (fully-funded) to workers within Cardiff and the Vale. For workers outside Cardiff and the Vale, a £90 – £110 charge applies.
Please ensure you have permission from your manager prior to booking.
- Tel: 029 2052 9002
- Email: email@example.com