This course looks at one of Britain’s most popular recreational drugs. (This is a two-part course).
This course takes place over two days
- Part one: 10th November 2020, 10am – 1pm
- Part two: 11th November 2020, 10am – 1pm
The course looks at one of Britain’s most popular recreational drugs. On this one-day course we look at raising awareness around alcohol, and look in depth at harm reduction practices that can be applied. We also explore the risks, harms and dangers associated with Alcohol use.
- Describe the effects of alcohol on the body and brain.
- Identify the risks surrounding alcohol and the drinking culture in the UK.
- Explain what UNITS are and how long alcohol can stay in the system.
- Understand the holistic approach to harm reduction in relation to alcohol and older people
- Alcohol brief intervention and harm reduction
- Overview of motivational interviewing.
Course aimed at:
This course is suitable for professionals and volunteers in the sector who wish to gain awareness and understanding on the subject area (Level 1)
How will online training work?
We’ll be delivering this online via the Zoom video conferencing platform. We’ve specially adapted the content to work better in this form. The course will run in two halves on two separate days, each 10am – 1pm.
Book via Eventbrite, and you’ll be sent instructions to join the Zoom call half an hour before the training starts. This will be sent to the e-mail address used when the booking was made.
- A computer or device with a good internet connection
- Microphone and webcam functions, if you want to get involved (you can also just listen)
- Something to hold up to indicate you want to speak – feel free to make it something light-hearted! (You can also use the software’s ‘Raise Hand’ feature’)
For smartphones or tablets, you’ll need the Zoom software to join. You can find this in your device’s relevant app store.
Bespoke Training: This course can be offered as a bespoke course and adapted to suit your organisational requirements, for more information please contact the Training and Qualifications Department by email or call 02920 529002.
NewLink Wales Training Team: All of our trainers are experienced practitioners who have worked directly with individuals who misuse substances. Our trainers are qualified assessors who maintain a high level of contact with the substance misuse sector.
Important information: fully-funded spaces
This course is free (fully-funded) to workers within Cardiff and the Vale. For workers outside Cardiff and the Vale, a £90 – £110 charge applies.
Please ensure you have permission from your manager prior to booking.
- Tel: 029 2052 9002
- Email: email@example.com