Advanced Substance Misuse Awareness
For people who have completed our Substance Misuse Awareness course. May also suit people with some knowledge of substance misuse already. (This is a two-part course).
This is a two-part course, taking place on two separate days:
- Part one: 20th October 2020, 10am – 1pm
- Part two: 21st October 2020, 10am – 1pm
This course aims to build on your existing knowledge around substance misuse. The courses emphasises the importance of harm reduction techniques in ensuring those who use substances receive appropriate information to minimise risk and harm.
This course is aimed at individuals who have already attended our Substance Misuse Awareness Level 1 training, or who already possess a basic understanding in the subject matter.
- Recap on substance categories
- Overview of neurotransmission in addiction
- Discuss appropriate harm reduction strategies
- Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
- PSI’s and Recovery capital
Accreditation: This course has the option of a participant completing an accreditation with an additional cost of £55.
How will online training work?
We’ll be delivering this online via the Zoom video conferencing platform. We’ve specially adapted the content to work better in this form. The course will run in two halves on two separate days, each 10am – 1pm.
Book via Eventbrite, and you’ll be sent instructions to join the Zoom call half an hour before the training starts. This will be sent to the e-mail address used when the booking was made.
- A computer or device with a good internet connection
- Microphone and webcam functions, if you want to get involved (you can also just listen)
- Something to hold up to indicate you want to speak – feel free to make it something light-hearted! (You can also use the software’s ‘Raise Hand’ feature’)
For smartphones or tablets, you’ll need the Zoom software to join. You can find this in your device’s relevant app store.
Bespoke Training: This course can be offered as a bespoke course and adapted to suit your organisational requirements, for more information please contact the Training and Qualifications Department by email or call 02920 529002.
NewLink Wales Training Team: All of our trainers are experienced practitioners who have worked directly with individuals who misuse substances. Our trainers are qualified assessors who maintain a high level of contact with the substance misuse sector.
Important information: fully-funded spaces
This course is free (fully-funded) to workers within Cardiff and the Vale. For workers outside Cardiff and the Vale, a £90 – £110 charge applies.
Please ensure you have permission from your manager prior to booking.
- Tel: 029 2052 9002
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org